One of our goals is to increase youths’ awareness and understanding of important issues affecting them. Therefore, we have designed a community space dedicated to youths, NGOs and other civil society groups to organise events that support and enhance our mission.
Our space is ideal for meetings, workshops, film screenings, photo shoot, book readings and other open events. It can fit 40 people comfortably, but can host up to about 100 people. It is strategically situated between the city of Kuala Lumpur and Petaling Jaya and only a stone’s throw away from the Kerinchi LRT station.
Some of the common amenities and security features of the space include:
- Fully air-conditioned
- Two washrooms
- A pantry area with a refrigerator, water dispenser, mugs and glasses
- A library
- Wifi service
- Flip chart stands
- Projector screen
- Multiple electric sockets
- Fire extinguishers
- First aid kit
As a non-profit organisation, we sustain the cost of running the space through contributions from our users. As such, please refer to our contribution rate before proceeding to book our space.
Things you need to know before you book our space
- The space is open for use from 9:00am to 11:00pm, Monday to Sunday, including public holiday. [The MCCHR reserves the right to close the space in case of emergency. In such a case, any contribution made in advance will be refunded.]
- You may book for half a day (up to four hours) or one day (more than four to eight hours).
- You may also make a booking for multiple events that will take place within a 12-month period. Further discount or other attractive payment plan is available for a booking of 10 events or more.
- Please make your booking at least two weeks prior to your event.
- Please check our calendar for the space’s availability before booking.
- Please check our do’s and don’ts regarding the use of space before booking.
- There are a few parking operators around the space that charge a fee of RM5 – RM10/entry. Please note there is limited parking space during office hours.
- The space is situated on the second floor and there is no lift.
- Other facilities such as flip chart paper, microphone, loudspeaker, LCD projector and audio-video conferencing equipment are available at a fee.
- You are allowed to bring in prepared food or use a caterer for your event as long as all food waste is being disposed properly at the end of the event.
- Once your booking is received, an invoice detailing your contribution for the use of the space will be sent to your email within two working days. Along with that, you are required to pay a refundable security deposit amounting to 50% of your booking fee. The said deposit will be refunded to you after the completion of your event/s along with an explanation of any deduction made; eg. additional charges for cleaning service and/or repair for damage to the space or equipment. You will be billed for any additional cost incurred for repairs.
- Please make your contribution within one week from the date of the invoice. Your booking is not confirmed until the contribution is received. In the event where more than one person/organisation has booked the space for the same date and time, confirmation will be given to the one who sends their contribution first.
- Contribution can be made by online transfer, bank deposit, or cash at the MCCHR’s office. Our bank details will be provided in the invoice.
- Cancellation or change of booking may be done by submitting an email request to the MCCHR at least two days prior to your scheduled event. Your contribution and deposit will be fully refunded to you.
|DURATION||REGULAR RATE (RM)||NON-PROFIT ORGANISATION RATE (RM)|
|up to 4 hours (1/2 day)||500||200|
|4 – 8 hours (1 day)||1,000||400|
|Flipchart stand (with white board)||FREE||FREE|
|Flipchart paper (25 sheets)||25||25|
|Conference table, with chairs (for 8 pax)||FREE||FREE|
|Banquet tables, with stools (for 10 pax)||FREE||FREE|
|Wireless internet access||FREE||FREE|
|Microphones (2 units), with loudspeakers||100||50|
|LCD projector, with loudspeakers||100||50|
|Audio-video conferencing equipment||100||50|
* Students who wish to use the space, in which its purpose of use supports and enhances the mission of MCCHR may request for sponsorship from the MCCHR when making a booking. Please include the name of your university/college and details of your event in the booking form.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Respect the dignity of the people using the space by promoting a physically and emotionally secure environment for all.
- Keep the space clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure the washrooms are clean and dry for the next person to use.
- Take pictures and share them online with the #pusatrakyatlb.
- Return all item in the same state you receive them.
- Wash all used utensils or dishes before you leave.
- Remove all garbage and waste from the space before you leave. You may dispose them at the refuse area behind the building.
- Remember to switch off all lights and air-condition units before you leave.
- Wear shoes or slippers inside the centre.
- Smoke inside the space or at the staircase.
- Leave behind your belonging. We will not be liable for any missing belongings.
- Steal, move or damage the books, utensils, furniture and fittings.
- Cook inside the space.
- Light a fire or candle in the space.
- Leave a mess or spillage. We provide brooms and mops in our cleaning closet.
- Leave the space without ensuring all windows and the entrance door have been securely locked.