PeopleACT is an UndiMsia! intiative. It is run by a group of human rights defenders from different non-profit organisations in Malaysia. Its mission is to make the cyber environment a safer, more respectful and empowering space for Malaysians through strategic legislative advocacy and public awareness campaign.
We invite you to:
- Create awareness among your peers about online harassment by requesting a screening of Viral Sial followed by a group discussion of 20 or more people. Please contact Pusat KOMAS or PeopleACT to arrange this.
- Prevent online harassment by protecting your loved ones and yourself. Request a group digital security training workshop conducted by EMPOWER. Please contact Persatuan Kesedaran Komuniti Selangor (EMPOWER) for details.
- Contribute to PeopleACT’s research on how online harassment affects you so that we can help policy or law-makers and enforcers to address the issue effectively. Share your experience of online harassment with PeopleACT.
- Participate in PeopleACT’s online survey on how online harassment affects you. Please click the survey in English or Malay.
- Help PeopleACT to document incidents of online harassment by sending screenshots of harassment you witnessed online by clicking here.
- Join our campaign by sharing articles or other media content that promote awareness on online harassment in your social media account with the hashtag #takfunny and #PeopleACT.
- Join our campaign by being a volunteer for PeopleACT.
Check UndiMsia! Facebook page and Twitter account for updates on PeopleACT or contact Mazni Ibrahim at [email protected] or 03-2201 1454.